7.25.2010

Stuffed Shells

{hi, my name is Kelsey and I am addicted to Italian food}
If you love Italian food, like me, you will love this! It's so easy and inexpensive! I'm seriously considering taking this to Italy and sharing it with the locals.

Ingredients:
16-18 Jumbo pasta shells
2 cups of your favorite pasta sauce (or homemade if you want)
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed (I used about a half bag of fresh spinach)
1 cup cottage cheese (you can use low-fat if you'd like)
1 cup Mozzarella, grated
1/2 grated onion (I felt it was a bit onion-y, so maybe half that unless onion-y is your thing)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon Garlic Salt

Directions:
Prepare pasta as per directions, while pasta is cooking, cook spinach. My bag of spinach didn't have any directions, so I had to look that up (in a sauce pan, melt a couple tablespoons of butter on medium heat, then add your spinach and cover. Takes about 5 or so minutes). Drain spinach thoroughly in a strainer and press spinach with a spoon to get all the liquid out. In a medium bowl combine spinach with cottage cheese, mozzarella, onion, and seasonings. When pasta is cooked, drain well. Return to pot and fill it cold water, drain again. Preheat oven to 375F, and spoon cheese mixture into shells. Place shells in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour pasta sauce over shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
Original recipe adapted from The Essential Mormon Cookbook.

1 comment:

  1. That is true, the homemade pasta is tasty as it is inexpensive. I learnt how to cook it when I trvelled to Argentina. I did all these BUENOS AIRES TOURS that took me to the best restaurants in town. I was so impressed that I looked up the recipe in the internet and now I am an expert.
    Cheers,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete

Pin it!