7.31.2010

Chicken Spinach Lasagna

{rating: 9.5}
I have to say, I was more than skeptical for this lasagna because I decided to use the 'oven ready' noodles thinking it might cut the time down. It cut the prep time in half, but made up in the bake time. I'm not writing oven ready noodles off entirely, but I think I prefer the regular ones, then again, it did save the me the expensive of washing an extra pot. "...both are favorites!"
Ingredients:
One half a bag (10 oz.) baby spinach, cooked and well drained
9 oven ready uncooked lasagna noodles
1 cup cottage cheese (low fat, if that's your thing)
1 egg
2 cooked and chopped chicken breast
2 cups grated Mozzarella
1 cup grated Parmesan
3 cups of your favorite pasta sauce
1 cup water
Italian seasoning
Parsley flakes

Directions:
Start by mixing the pasta sauce with the cup of water in a medium pot, bring to a boil. While you're waiting (by the way, don't forget to stir on occasion) mix the cottage cheese with spinach, chicken, and (eww...) the egg- I almost lost it when the egg was added to the mix... but that's just me, and the Parmesan and Italian seasoning, just a dash. Once your sauce has reached a boil, spoon a few spoonfuls on to the bottom of the 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer with uncooked noodles, then the chicken mixture. Add another layer of noodles, a few more spoonfuls of sauce, then chicken mixture. Repeat until all the noodles and chicken mixture are used up. For the top layer, add remaining sauce and top with Mozzarella cheese. Garish with Parsley flakes. Cover with foil and bake for 40-45 minutes at 375F. Remove foil and continue baking for 15 minutes. Remove from oven (turn off oven... heehee!) and let sit for about 10 minutes so it's not so soupy. Enjoy!
...mmm, bubbly.
 

1 comment:

Pin it!