2.20.2012

Cowboy Caviar

{this possibly could be my favorite food}

By popular demand, here it finally is! I have to give credit to my MIL for making this and having me eat it, because now I can't stop eating it. It's like salsa, but not. It's rather indescribable. I know the word "caviar" probably frightens you, but I promise THERE IS NO CAVIAR in this dish, what-so-ever! The next time you have a little get-together, might I suggest serving this... Just trust me.
I know this isn't the greatest picture, but you get the idea.

Ingredients:
1 can black beans
1 can black eyed beans (or any small bean you fancy)
1 can whole kernel corn
1 small red onion, finely chopped (you can use as much or little as you'd like)
1 half bunch of cilantro
1 avocado (optional) cut up into small pieces
2 tablespoons lime juice (or more as per your tastes)
1/2 bottle of Italian Dressing (or more as per your tastes)
1 to 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl, make sure to taste it as you go. If you'd like more dressing or lime juice, then go for it. I personally am a lover of cilantro... so we usually add a lot.

Served best with hint of lime tortilla chips. (Note to self: get a manicure.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it!