5.06.2011

Raspberry Shortbread Dreams & Mother's Day Tribute

{a taste of raspberry heaven}
The one thing I hate about a casual work place, is that I check my email, and in my email I get about 5-10 recipe updates a day. I of course, have to open the emails and read them. All my will power then goes out the window and I can't help but browse the entire site. Without that lack of will power however, I wouldn't have found these little dreams of cookies. They are pretty dang easy, and super tasty. Feel free sit yourself down on the couch and eat the entire batch. No judgments here! 
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract (vanilla would taste divine as well)
2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 to 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam (or any kind of jam you fancy)

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 to 3 tablespoons water or milk

Directions:
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Mix in almond extract. Gradually add in flour and mix until a dough forms. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
Preheat oven to 350 F. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Take the end of a wooden spoon or your thumb, and make an indent in the center of each cookie. Fill with jam.
Bake for 14-18 minutes. Let cool.

Make your glaze, should be drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cookies and devour!
And because it's Mother's Day on Sunday, I'm giving my awesome mom a huge shout out! 
In September of 2010, my mom was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. She underwent chemotherapy along side a heavy dose of radiation treatment. In January of this year, we learned that it had spread and therefore, became terminal. This Mother's Day is especially hard for me to be away from home, because it may just be my mom's last Mother's Day.
Without my mom, I don't know that I would know how to cook. She taught me everything I know by example. She got me my first cookbook. She is truly an inspiration to me and I dedicate all my cooking endeavors to her. Happy Mother's Day Mom!
Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

  1. Yum. These look divine. I'm gonna have to make them for my fam sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We Just awarded you the One Lovely Blog Award!!

    Check it out!!!

    http://gabeegirls.com/lovely-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete

Pin it!