2.24.2011

Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream

{Cupcake Week- Day 4}
For today's post, I wanted something simple and delicious. I've been trying for weeks to find a buttercream recipe that didn't end up separating once the fruit was added. I guess this can be somewhat common, but I finally decided to change the method and the recipe, and finally landed a recipe that stays combined, tastes amazing, and pipes beautifully. I used fresh strawberries that I cut up and froze for a few days, then let them thaw completely in the fridge. The berries made their own syrup and so no extra sugar was needed to sweeten them.
Ingredients:
8-12 Vanilla Cupcakes (either from a mix or from scratch)
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 shortening
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup strawberries- pureed

Directions:
In a medium bowl, beat together butter and shortening until smooth and creamy. Add strawberry puree and vanilla, and beat again until combined. Next, add a little bit of powdered sugar at a time, mixing after each addition until it's fluffy- don't over beat. Spread on cupcakes, or pipe away! For these cupcakes I used the large Walton French Tip.
This frosting would also go great with chocolate cupcakes! 
Source for the frosting: My Baking Addiction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin it!